Alder Hey children’s hospital will host a Covid-19 vaccination clinic for five to 11-year-old who are at high risk of complications from Covid-19 infection.
The next clinic is March 5, between 9am and 4pm. At Institute in the Park, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Eaton Road, L12 2AP.
Children over eleven and adults can get vaccinated at the site, but must book an appointment first.
Vaccinations for Children
The NHS now recommends that children between five and eleven who are considered high risk to Covid-19, or those who live with an immunocompromised person, are offered two paediatric doses of the vaccine eight weeks apart.
Children most at risk of complications from Covid-19 infection include those with:
- Severe neuro-disabilities
- Multiple or severe learning disabilities
- On the learning disability register
- Those with Down’s syndrome
- Those with long term serious conditions affecting their body.
Children with a very severely weakened immune system may need a third dose eight weeks after their second.
Extra information about vaccinations for vulnerable children is available online:
- A guide for parents of children aged 5 to 11 years of age at high risk
- What to expect after your child’s Covid 19 vaccination
Featured image by Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust